Saturday, September 3, 2011

...the Bikini designer

Pinay bikini designer makes waves in Hollywood


 09/03/2011

HOLLYWOOD, California – Her designs have been featured on magazine covers, and at times, she’s worn it herself.

Fil-Am designer Nicolette Lacson is known throughout Hollywood as Lollime. Lacson started her custom bikini line in 2005 after noticing Asian women had difficulty finding the right swimwear.


“I couldn’t find the right swimwear that fit me the way I wanted it to so I started altering my swimsuits that I bought from the store and my friends were like oh my god can you do that for me too? So it kind of clicked and I went to Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising,” Lacson recalled.

The California-raised and Philippine-educated Lacson has been modeling and competing in beauty pageants since she was a teenager.

She no longer models as she concentrates on making her mark in both US and Philippine showbiz. She’s done a fashion show for Philippine actress Ruffa Gutierrez.

She has been asked by Rob Kardashian to design bikinis for his famous sisters Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney.

Lacson said she likes to start her own trends when it comes to bikini fashion. The scrunch butt, and lace are the latest styles she is working on.

“A lot of the girls like the lingerie looking swimwear and also the scrunch butt it’s really flattering on any butt I always recommend girls to wear that because when you get in the water with a regular bikini sometimes it gets really saggy,” she explained.

Lacson not only works to make women feel comfortable and look beautiful in bikinis, she also does it for animals. With every sale of her bikinis, she donates to local animal shelters, and volunteers with animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment