Wednesday, December 14, 2011

...the Daly vice

Pinoy elected vice-mayor of Daly City

12/14/2011
 
 
DALY City, California - Filipino-Americans filled the Daly City Hall chamber on Monday night and cheered 2 kababayans for their achievements.
 
Councilmember Ray Buenaventura was elected vice-mayor of Daly City.

Buenaventura, a lawyer by profession, was president of the Filipino American Democratic Club of San Mateo County.

"I am so thrilled. I am so grateful that I am even in this position and I know it's because of the Filipino community that they've been strong advocate," Buenaventura said.

Meanwhile, Daly City Planning Commissioner Ray Satorre was also awarded the Mayor's Citizen of the Year for 2011.

"I feel great. This symbolizes dignity and honor and joy to the Filipino community at the same time our family because not everybody can get an award," Satorre said.

Daly City has one of the highest concentrations of Filipinos in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment