Thursday, March 8, 2012

...the WOW Factor

Jessica Sanchez wows 'Idol' judges anew

03/08/2012

Filipino-Mexican contestant Jessica Sanchez

MANILA, Philippines – Filipino-Mexican contestant Jessica Sanchez continues to make waves on the hit reality talent search “American Idol.”

Sanchez received a standing ovation from the "Idol" judges yet again as she performed her own version of Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” on Wednesday (Thursday morning in Manila).

Judge Randy Jackson said it is but right to “give it all” for Sanchez, whom he raves to be “one of the best singers of this whole competition.”

“Jessica Sanchez is legit. Let me tell you something. This is one of the hardest songs in the world to sing. You not only are the best vocal of the night, I think you are one of the best singers of this whole competition. Oh my God,” Jackson said.

Judge Jennifer Lopez, on the other hand, was left speechless and had nothing much to say but praises for the 16-year old singer.

“Just just amazing. I don’t even know what to say. I’m speechless. I’m speechless when you did those last three little things, we were right there with you,” she said.

“I think you were even surprised that you were sobbing. I was like, oh my God! That was when I felt Whitney. Oh my God yes! It was beautiful Jessica! You are so talented. God bless you,” Lopez added.

Judge Steven Tyler for his part said Sanchez “just made 40 million people cry.”

Even "Idol" alumnus Jennifer Hudson, who sang “I Will Always Love You” during the tribute to Houston at this year's Grammy Awards, posted a positive tweet about Sanchez’s performance.

Aside from Sanchez, the judges also gave rave reviews for Hollie Cavanagh, Joshua Ledet, Erika Van Pelt and Phillip Phillips.

Jessica takes Twitter by storm

Meanwhile, right after singing her own cover of “I Will Always Love You,” Sanchez made it to the trending topics on Twitter worldwide.

Several netizens were raving how good Sanchez was considering that she sang one of Houston’s most popular songs.

“Jessica Sanchez is the best on 'American Idol'.... She killed Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You'... Amazing #goosies,” said user @chrisharvey2020.

“I've never heard anyone sing Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' as good as Jessica Sanchez from American Idol. Holly S%$#¢*!!!!!!” said user @MISSM00KIE.

Twitter user @C_Bonnett, on the other hand, said: “Jessica Sanchez!!! Totally going to take American idol!! Absolutely amazing <3 #Whitneytribute #idol”

“Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. Jessica Sanchez. Wow,” said user @britaharris.

Twitter user @Jon_Ortiz_ said: “Jessica Sanchez. Wow. Remember that name. I think she's one of the best singers ever to be on American Idol :] I love her.”

After Wednesday’s performance, America will have to vote who among the contestants they want to advance.

The results will be announced live on Thursday night (Friday morning in Manila).

No comments:

Post a Comment