Friday, April 13, 2012

...the Canadian theater world


Fil-Canadian shines in theater industry


CANADA – Filipino-Canadian Joseph Sevillo from Winnipeg is one among the few who is able to break into Canada’s competitive world of theater.

“I first tried singing, dancing and acting when I was 13 years old in high school. My choir director pulled me out and told me I had a really good voice and pushed me to audition for my very first professional show at the Rainbow Stage which is an original theater company here in Winnipeg Manitoba," said Sevillo.
 
Sevillo has toured major cities in the country through memorable performances and hits like Rent, Evita, Miss Saigon and his biggest break so far, Mamma Mia in Toronto.
 
But Sevillo remains grounded and visible in the community.
 
Despite a vibrant career in his hands, Sevillo still sees plenty of growth opportunities in his career--one that takes him beyond theater to the new generation of the web.
 
Sevillo's latest project is a web series filmed with YouTube sensation Mikey Bustos.
 
“Prison Dance is an all new Filipino musicale inspired by the viral event, the dancing inmates of Cebu. In this competitive industry, I was lucky enough to be selected as the only Winnipeg Filipino to land in one of the supporting roles in the show,” he said.  

No comments:

Post a Comment