Tuesday, September 18, 2012

...the 'Idol'

Jessica Sanchez: I'm proud to be Pinoy


 
September 18, 2012
 

 
"American Idol" Season 11 runner-up Jessica Sanchez, who is in Manila for a concert on September 21, said she was proud of her heritage and proud to be a Filipino.

 
 


“I’m proud of my culture and proud to say that I’m Pinoy and everything so I’m very excited to be here and this is like at the top of my list of the things that I’ve done in my life,” Sanchez said in an interview with Katrina Son on GMA Network's “News to Go” program.


Sanchez said, “I am definitely excited to be here. It’s the first time I’ve ever been out of country and I’m here with all the people that have been supporting me since the beginning and it’s good to know that these people are proud of me.”


On her official Twitter account, Sanchez, 17, said: “Can't believe I'm here. Manila will def be one of my best memories. <3.”
 

"American Idol" concert


The "American Idol" concert will be held at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on September 21, which also happens to be the 40th anniversary of Martial Law in the Philippines.
 

 


 Sanchez’s Filipino fans called “Blujays Philippines” have been waiting for Sanchez's arrival at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2 since 1:00 a.m. on Tuesday. and were delighted to finally see their “World Idol.”
 
 
Asked why they like Sanchez, one of her fans said, “Aside sa magaling siya kumanta, yung talent niya is unbelievable at super sweet kasi siya sa amin.”
 
Another fan also said, “I just want to say that [Jessica,] it’s more fun in the Philippines and I hope na mag-enjoy siya dito."
 
The Blujays brought Sanchez’s CDs and a large tarpaulin banner with a message of their support for the young singer.
 
 
On Twitter, many Filipinos also welcomed Sanchez's arrival.
 
Karen Galarpe: “She’s here :) ~ American Idol finalist Jessica Sanchez arrives in Manila http://shar.es/uZSFc via @gmanews”

 
Rowell Aurellano: “Jessica Sanchez arrives in Manila :))”
 
 
iamjjb: “Welcome to Manila Ms Jessica Sanchez #americanidol”

 
Wants to visit Bataan


Sanchez will be staying in Manila for a week with the "American Idol" Season 11 top 10 finalists for a week where they will have a concert as a part of their live tour.
 
Sanchez also mentioned that she will be extending her stay to visit famous places in the Philippines and that she also wants to meet her relatives in her mother’s hometown — Bataan.
 
“I definitely want to [see them]. So, they live in Bataan, so I’m going to try to make some time,” she said.
 
 
Her mother's kababayans
 
 
In Orani, Bataan, Jessica’s grandfather Eddie Bugay said he was going to the Manila Hotel with Samal Mayor Gene dela Fuente and a few others to meet his granddaughter Sanchez, his daughter Editha (Sanchez's mom) and his wife Virgie (Sanchez's grandmother).
 
Asked what he would say upon seeing his granddaughter, the retired American navy man said “I am proud of you!"
 
Bugay's grandchild Yeth Cruz, on the other hand, said she will tell her cousin Jessica whom she will meet for the first time, “Excited to meet you personally."
 
Bugay's residence in Orani was being renovated for the possible arrival of Sanchez.
 
 
“Malalaman ko mismo sa asawa ko at anak na si Editha kung uuwi dito si Jessica at ipapaalam ko agad sa inyo,” said Bugay.
 
Bugay used to live in Samal town where most of their relatives are. However, he transferred to Orani a few years after his retirement from the US Navy. - with a report from Ernie Esconde, VVP, GMA News

No comments:

Post a Comment