Sunday, June 15, 2014

...the foreigners' new home

Why foreigners love calling Philippines home

 

06/13/2014
 
 
MANILA - It only took one random act of goodwill, a smile, and the positivity that Filipinos have to convince some foreigners that they have found a new home in the Philippines.

In a video uploaded online on Monday, a popular local fastfood chain sought to find out the answer to the question: "Bakit ang sarap maging Pilipino?"





Marcus Davis, an American singer, lauded Filipinos' spirit of volunteerism and reaching out "even if no one asked for it."

"When I arrived in the airport, I was a bit lost. Someone saw me and walked up to me and offered me to use their cellphone. While I was calling, he actually went and got me a drink," Davis said.

"I think that was one of my fondest memories because I've never showed up in a country and someone just walked up and offered to help you like that," he added.

Anna Rabstun-Baylosis, a Russian singer who now lives in the Philippines, said she finds her Filipino husband Erick very sweet, loving and caring.

"It's so personal here in the Philippines. There's no handshake, there's kissing and hugging. You really feel taken care of," she shared.

Bryan Gallinger, who volunteers for a local child welfare organization, said that he only had one thing in mind when he first arrived in the country -- business.

However, after "falling in love" with the positivity of the Filipinos, he decided to stay. "I can honestly say that I'm a better person by living here in the Philippines," he said.

As of writing, the video has already reached over 40,000 views on YouTube.

Most netizens who commented were touched by the glowing words the foreigners had for the Filipinos, but also took a chance to take a swipe at the current state of the country's government.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment