Tuesday, February 19, 2019

...the Pinoy nurse in Irelands Got Talent

Filipino nurse gets standing ovation in Ireland’s Got Talent


Noreen Jazul
Manila Bulletin
19 February 2019

A Filipino nurse in Dublin made headlines after his rousing rendition of Elvis Presley’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love with You” in Ireland’s Got Talent.


(YouTube / MANILA BULLETIN)
(YouTube / MANILA BULLETIN)

Rodelle Borja received a standing ovation from all four judges — Louis Walsh, Michelle Visage, Denise van Outen, and Jason Byrne.

Borja said he joined the competition to inspire others, especially those who stutter like him.

The 29-year-old nurse also shared his struggles growing up with a speech disorder and how music helped him get through it.

“I am not really…I’m not that confident in expressing myself by talking,” he said.

“I express myself more, and I express myself better by singing,” Borja added.

As of writing, Borja’s audition video on Facebook has been viewed over 300,000 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment