Thursday, April 10, 2014

...the Asia's top models 2014

Filipina is 'Asia's Next Top Model' runner-up

 

04/10/2014
 
 
Jodilly PendrePhoto from the official website of 'Asia's Next Top Model'


MANILA - A Filipina finished runner-up in the second cycle of "Asia's Next Top Model," the Asia-Pacific edition of the hit reality show for aspiring models created by Tyra Banks.

Twenty-year-old Jodilly Pendre, who hails from Mandaluyong, placed second to Malaysia's Sheena Liam, who won a modeling contract with London-based Storm Model Management, among others, as "Asia's Next Top Model."

Another Filipina, 21-year-old Katarina Rodriguez from Makati, placed third among 16 contestants from 12 countries in Asia, including Singapore, Japan, China, and South Korea.

For their final challenge, the top three contenders had a photo shoot inspired by "kampong" or village life in Malaysia, where the entire season was held. They also took the runway in designs by Jonathan Liang, Ghea Panggabean, and Albert Andrada.


Sheena Liam. Photo from the official website of 'Asia's Next Top Model'


For the finale, the regular judges -- host Nadya Hutagalung, model Joey Mead King, photographer Mike Rosenthal, and movement coach Adam Williams -- were joined by Harber's Bazaar creative director Kenneth Goh and Asian supermodel Ling Tan.

Pendre, who broke down in tears after Liam was announced winner, dedicated her stint in "Asia's Next Top Model" to her mother.

"If I win this competition, my mom will be so proud of me," Pendre said in the earlier part of the show's 13th and final episode. "She actually doesn't know that this is for, because everything I do is for her."

"I want to give her a better future. I want to show her that she still has a daughter [who] is willing to give everything for her, because I really want to fulfill her dreams. I am not here for fame. I am here because I have a purpose to be here. I have a reason."


Katarina Rodriguez. Photo from the official website of 'Asia's Next Top Model'


While also emotional, Rodriguez considered her top-three finish an accomplishment, saying she never thought she would reach the end of the competition.

Get Flash Player
"I did reach the top three. I feel very accomplished," she said. "I didn't think I could ever make it this far. This is definitely farther than I ever could've dreamed of making."

Last year, the Philippines' Stephanie Retuya similarly placed second in the first-ever edition of "Asia's Next Top Model."

Apart from her modeling contract, 22-year-old Liam also took home a Subaru car, a contract as the 2014 endorser of haircare brand TRESemme, a chance to appear on the covers of Harper's Bazaar Singapore and Malaysia, and SGD 50,000.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment